- What are the do’s and don’ts in Dubai?
- What drugs are not allowed in Dubai?
- Can I take a Bible to Dubai?
- Can I take prescription drugs to Dubai?
- Can you hug in Dubai Airport?
- Can you smoke in Dubai?
- What food items are not allowed in Dubai?
- Is ibuprofen allowed in Dubai?
- Is paracetamol allowed in Dubai?
- How many dirhams can I take to Dubai?
- Can you kiss in Dubai hotels?
What are the do’s and don’ts in Dubai?
– Public displays of affection should be minimal – holding hands is acceptable but kissing and hugging in public is not.
– Noise disruptions, bad language, making obscene gestures and showing disrespect in any way to Dubai’s religion or its leaders are all forbidden and may land you in legal trouble..
What drugs are not allowed in Dubai?
Majority of medicines which are used worldwide are available in community pharmacies and hospitals in the UAE. However, narcotic, psychotropic and other controlled drugs/medicines of class A or B are neither freely available in the UAE, nor can they be freely imported into the country.
Can I take a Bible to Dubai?
Yes you can bring a bible. Dubai is not Saudi Arabia. … One bible should be okay, just don’t bring a suitcase full of them. They aren’t trying to stop you reading your bible, they just don’t want you to be handing out bibles to other people, that is illegal in this country.
Can I take prescription drugs to Dubai?
The UAE embassy advice says: “Individuals may bring medicine into the country for their personal use. Up to three months’ supply of a prescription item can be brought into the country by a visitor and 12 months’ supply by a resident if they can produce a doctor’s letter or a copy of the original prescription.”
Can you hug in Dubai Airport?
Hugging is fine and a kiss on the check is ok, but anything more that you could get away with would only depend on what the people around you will tolerate. If you have another flight to catch it’s not worth risking missing that flight/getting arrested/detained just for the sake of hugging and kissing.
Can you smoke in Dubai?
Smoking is banned in several public offices and places such as shopping malls,hospitals, bus and metro stations. … There are designated smoking areas in Dubai, so it is easy to keep up the rule.
What food items are not allowed in Dubai?
9. Be careful of carrying in poppy seeds which are banned, so avoid accidentally carrying bakery products that might contain such seeds. Also banned are qat leaf, betel leaf or nuts, niswar, gutkha. These while admissible in some countries are not permitted in the UAE.
Is ibuprofen allowed in Dubai?
Ibuprofen can be carried into and bought in Dubai – it is sold in Dubai under the brand Brufen and you can buy much stronger doses of it in Dubai over the counter than you can in the UK.
Is paracetamol allowed in Dubai?
Paracetamol, calpol and travel sickness pills are not controlled substances so can be carried into and bought in Dubai.
How many dirhams can I take to Dubai?
The amount of undeclared money travelers may carry into or out of the country is to be set at Dh100,000. The limit will apply either to dirhams or the equivalent value in another currency.
Can you kiss in Dubai hotels?
While unmarried couples are not allowed to stay in the same hotel room, some signs of public affection between those who have said I Do are also not permitted. Kissing and holding hands is classed as “inappropriate behaviour” according to Government guidelines.